Monday 25 February 2013

BarryM Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint - Blueberry (GNP 5)



| Find this photo on my instagram @jessiee_x |



This product can be found in boots, superdrug and the barrym website for £3.99 

There's been so much talk about the new Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nails paints that I had to buy one and find out if they are as good as everybody is saying. It's not only blogs and youtubers raving about them but just generally everyone and have especially been popular on instagram. When out shopping the shade blueberry caught my eye, pastel blue shades are my favourite type of colours so it was only natural for me to do so however there are plenty more shades available which I soon want to get my hands on. I'd already racked up a total of roughly £25 whilst in boots without including this lovely beauty (haul post coming soon) so I had to restrain myself and be kind to my bank balance so I couldn't purchase any more of their polishes.

Overall I am very happy with this nail varnish and am very pleased to say that my nails have remained this colour for about 6 days with no chips and the only difference is that my nails are growing and starting to show a gap ever so slightly (I didn't use a top coat or base coat, purely this product only). As I'm no expert my mum painted my nails for me, well what little nails I have (I used to bite them - eww.. gross! haha) and she did a really good job compared to me who painted them myself only a mere half an hour before and did an awful job. I would like to point out that it's best to use barry m nails polishes with your nails absolutely clean with no other product on them, whenever I use a sally hanson nail strengthener before hand for example I never get a smooth coat, they take ages to dry and smudge very easily. 

I have however heard a few complaints about the consistency being too thick and gloopy but personally I prefer the polish to be slightly thicker. I often find the usual barry m range can be very thin causing multiple coats to get desired colour where with the gelly hi-shine you only need two thin coats and were perfect - for only £3.99 you can't go wrong really!

What's your opinion on the new barrym gelly hi-shine nail paints?
What are your favourite shades in the collection?


12 comments:

  1. This shade is so so pretty, Barry m polishes are my favourite :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this range from Barry M since I was very disappointed with the last Barry M polish I bought which was so thin and watery! But you might just have convinced me to try this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not as impressed with their usual range.. Haha ah i'm glad! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, that color is perfection! I need to try it haha! Thanks for sharing!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I kept meaning to buy this nail varnish and then put myself on a spending ban for Lent. Must must pick this up at Easter, haha! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, Jessie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully they'll be more colours available by then! No problem at all xx

      Delete
  5. I've literally just used Barry M (black) and I'm on the 4th coat.. it's terrible. So diappointed.. HOWEVER, your nails loooks lovely!
    Gorgeous colour

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! its so horrible when you get let down by a product ): Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  6. love that color, so summery!

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I really love your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    Check it out here:

    http://w-a-n-d-e-r-l-u-s-t1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much! I'll get round to it soon :D xx

      Delete